PSA Oxygen Generators
A high-quality pressure swing absorption (PSA) oxygen generator is a beneficial and cost-effective solution for your ongoing oxygen requirements. Here's what you need to know about the PSA oxygen generation process, and the benefits of installing an onsite PSA oxygen generator from Advanced Gas Technologies Inc.
How Does Pressure Swing Absorption (PSA) Oxygen Generation Work?
The air in our atmosphere contains 21% oxygen, 78% nitrogen, and 1% other trace gases, primarily argon. PSA oxygen generation works to separate the oxygen from the air using a zeolite molecular sieve. As zeolite adsorbs nitrogen, were left with a relatively pure stream of oxygen gas as an end product, which can be used for process purposes. Oxygen purities as high as 95% can be attained.
It is important to note the difference between PSA oxygen generators and VPSA (Vacuum) generators. The PSA process operates at significantly higher pressures, thus allowing for the elimination of the vacuum step required for VSA/VPSA processes.
Benefits of PSA Oxygen Generators
It can be more affordable to have an onsite oxygen generator than to repeatedly order and supply cylinder or bulk liquid oxygen from a supplier. There are no delivery fees with an onsite generator, and it features easy, low cost maintenance.
An onsite oxygen generator is dependable as it uses the surrounding air in the atmosphere to create the oxygen you need for your project. You will never need to worry about having a shortage of oxygen when you have your own oxygen generator.
The safety of your employees is your priority which is why onsite oxygen generators are highly beneficial. Once they are installed there is no need to move or handle a gas suppliers cylinders or tanks. However, if you require oxygen tanks to be delivered and set up in your facility there is the potential for serious hazards and injury.
Following are benefits and features of PSA oxygen generators and how they can improve efficiency in a variety of applications.
- An independent onsite supply of oxygen which means freedom from the industrial gas supplier and their long term contracts and ever escalating oxygen costs
- Fully automatic for on demand operation
- Highly reliable
- Easy, low cost maintenance
- Minimal space requirements
- FAST Return on Investment : Typical ROI’s in 6 – 24 Months
- Oxygen purities from 93% to 99%
- Oxygen flow capacities from 40 SCFH (1 m3/hr) to 4,000 SCFH (105 m3/hr)
- Oxygen discharge pressures to 75 psig (5.2 bar) without booster compressors
- High pressure systems to 2,500 psig (170 bar) available
- Touch screen controllers with the following capabilities:
- oxygen analyzer
- air in pressure
- oxygen discharge pressure
- low oxygen purity alarm
- low oxygen pressure alarm
- maintenance advisory
- optional remote monitoring, controlling and communications capability
- optional oxygen flow monitoring
- optional off spec. gas vent
- Turnkey systems engineered, assembled and installed to specification
PSA Oxygen Generator Applications
There are many different PSA oxygen generator applications, including:
- biogas production
- chemical operations
- glass furnaces
- aquaculture installations
- ozone generation for wastewater treatment
- mining and smelting facilities
- centralized oxygen supply for hospitals or veterinary clinics
- room oxygen enrichment
Why Choose PSA Oxygen Generators from Advanced Gas Technologies?
Since 1994, Advanced Gas Technologies Inc. have been marketing, installing, and maintaining industrial gas generating systems, standard industrial compressor systems, and engineered compressor systems throughout North America. We have nearly three decades of experience helping our clients lower their industrial nitrogen and oxygen costs by utilizing leading edge technologies such as on-site nitrogen and oxygen generating systems.
Contact us toll-free at 1-(866) 725-7551 in North America or (905) 305-0094 local and overseas to learn more about our PSA oxygen generators and how you can reduce your industrial gas costs by up to 70%.