VPSA Oxygen Generators
In today's industrial sector, the use of oxygen gas is common for various applications. One of the ways oxygen gas can be supplied is with a vacuum pressure swing absorption or VPSA oxygen generator. This type of oxygen generator can produce oxygen from an ambient air stream by adsorbing one of ambient air’s most basic components, nitrogen, and thereby leaving an oxygen stream to flow through for process use. VPSA oxygen generators are an effective means of supplying high volumes of oxygen for large aquaculture, mining and water treatment operations. Here's what you need to know about the VPSA oxygen generation process, as well as the benefits of onsite VPSA oxygen generators.
How Does a VPSA Oxygen Generator Work?
VPSA oxygen generation is a newer technology, designed as a solution to the growing demand for more energy-efficient oxygen generation. VPSA works at a lower pressure and uses an efficient molecular sieve called zeolite. It uses vacuum pressure or the difference between atmospheric pressure and absolute pressure generated by the vacuum blower.
With such energy-saving technology, onsite VPSA can provide a payback in as little as one year. One of its unique advantages is that it requires relatively low energy consumption, has built-in operating reliability and can be relatively easy to install or relocate.
On-Site VPSA Oxygen Generator Benefits
- An independent onsite supply of oxygen, which means freedom from the industrial gas supplier and their long-term contracts and ever escalating oxygen costs.
- It starts up instantly and is highly efficient in meeting oxygen flow requirements
- Fully automatic running with remote monitoring, controlling and communications capabilities
- Adjustable pressure and purity
- Safe and stable operation, suitable for high oxygen flow demands
- No need for transporting oxygen; on-site system for daily continuous use on demand
- Increased safety for employees
- Capacities from one metric ton per day to 100 tons per day
- Purities to 93%
- Highly reliable
- Easy, low cost maintenance
- Minimal space requirements
- Turnkey systems engineered, assembled and installed to specification
VPSA Oxygen Generator Applications
VPSA oxygen generation is highly effective for multiple uses. Here are some common VPSA oxygen generator applications to know:
- Ethanol Production
- Fish Farming
- Fish Hatcheries
- Gold Mining
- Ozone Generation
- Sewage Treatment
- Wastewater Treatment
VPSA Oxygen by Advanced Gas Technologies
Advanced Gas Technologies Inc. has you covered if you want to save costs and keep your employees safe while meeting your oxygen requirements. We provide VPSA oxygen generators that we install at your facility, so you can work more efficiently and safely. For the past 30 years we have helped our clients lower their industrial nitrogen and oxygen costs by utilizing leading-edge technologies such as onsite nitrogen and oxygen generating systems.
To learn more about our services and our gas generating systems, contact us toll-free at 1-(866) 725-7551 in North America or (905) 305-0094 local and overseas.