PSA Nitrogen Generator
There are two main types of technology available to generate nitrogen onsite, one of which is a Pressure Swing Absorption (PSA) nitrogen generator. PSA nitrogen generators use compressed air to separate nitrogen from oxygen in the ambient air we breathe and can therefore generate nitrogen gas for various industrial applications onsite. For more information about how this system works and where you can get an onsite PSA nitrogen generator installed, keep on reading.
How Does a PSA Nitrogen Generator Work?
PSA technology utilizes two towers full of carbon molecular sieve (CMS). When compressed air enters the bottom of the tower and flows through the CMS, oxygen and other trace gasses are adsorbed and allow nitrogen to pass through. The specially designed sieve is unique from other activated carbons due to its narrower range of pore openings. This enables the efficient separation of oxygen and nitrogen gas, making it ideal for applications where the purity requirement is above 98%. The entire process cycle takes approximately one to two minutes and then repeats continuously as long as nitrogen gas is required.
Benefits of a PSA Nitrogen Generator
There are many advantages for having an onsite PSA nitrogen generator installed, the biggest benefit being that you can lower your ongoing nitrogen costs by up to 90% depending on the application.
Following are benefits and features of PSA nitrogen generators and how they can improve efficiency in a variety of applications.
- An independent onsite supply of nitrogen, which means freedom from the industrial gas supplier and their long-term contracts and ever escalating nitrogen costs
- Fast Return on Investment (ROI); typical ROI can be expected within six to 18 months
- Fully automatic systems for on-demand operation; you only produce nitrogen as required
- Extremely reliable
- Easy, low cost maintenance
- Minimal space requirements
- Eliminate wasteful venting of nitrogen gas that’s associated with bulk liquid nitrogen tanks
- Produces nitrogen purities from 95% to 99.999%+; match nitrogen purities to the actual nitrogen purity requirement of your application
- Nitrogen flow capacities are available from 40 SCFH (1 m3/hr) to 100,000 SCFH+ (2,800 m3/hr+)
- Nitrogen discharge pressures to 160 psig (11 barg) without booster compressors
- High pressure systems to 20,000 psig (1,360 bar) available
- Features include touchscreen controllers with the following capabilities:
- oxygen analyzer
- air in pressure
- nitrogen discharge pressure
- low nitrogen purity alarm
- low nitrogen pressure alarm
- maintenance advisory
- optional purity control setting (up to three purities)
- optional remote monitoring, controlling and communications capability
- optional nitrogen flow monitoring
- optional off spec. gas vent
- Turnkey systems engineered, assembled, and installed to specification
PSA Nitrogen Generator Applications
Some of the applications that are well suited for onsite nitrogen generating systems include:
- chemical plants and refineries
- coffee packaging
- controlled atmosphere fruit storage
- enhanced oil field recovery
- food/MAP packaging
- fuel and chemical tank inerting
- gas assist injection molding
- heat treating
- laser cutting
- leak testing
- pharmaceutical manufacturing
- power plants
- reflow ovens
- shipboard inerting
PSA Nitrogen Generators by Advanced Gas Technologies
Onsite nitrogen generation is an efficient and cost-effective way to produce nitrogen for your industrial applications and it can save you valuable time and money on your operations. By having an onsite system, you significantly reduce the possibility for hazards or injury, and have a system that is always available when you need it.
If you’re ready to install an onsite PSA nitrogen generator, Advanced Gas Technologies Inc. has you covered. For almost three decades we’ve been installing and maintaining nitrogen generating systems, standard industrial compressor systems and custom engineered systems throughout North America and the world.
We have helped our clients lower their costs by eliminating the need to purchase nitrogen gas by selling our business clients the technology and equipment they need to make their own nitrogen gas onsite.
To learn more about how cost effective PSA nitrogen generator can be contact us toll-free at 1-(866) 725-7551 in North America or (905) 305-0094 local and overseas.