Membrane Nitrogen Generator
There are many manufacturers that require nitrogen gas for their manufacturing processes. However, the high costs associated with purchasing nitrogen from industrial gas suppliers and the inconvenience of waiting for the gas to be delivered can take a toll on your bottom line. With an onsite membrane nitrogen generator, you can achieve cost savings and other efficiencies that can lower your ongoing nitrogen costs by up to 90% depending on the application. Here’s how membrane nitrogen generators work and how you can get a quality system installed for your application.
How Does a Membrane Nitrogen Generator Work?
Membrane nitrogen generators use a hollow porous fibre to separate the nitrogen molecules from the other gases in ambient air, like oxygen, carbon dioxide, water vapor, and argon. The molecules from the stream of compressed air flowing into the generator are separated using high pressure (selective permeation). Faster gases permeate the walls quickly and are released back into the atmosphere, while the nitrogen is focused for use.
Benefits of a Membrane Nitrogen Generator
There are many advantages for having an onsite membrane type nitrogen generator installed, the biggest benefit being that you can lower your ongoing nitrogen costs by up to 90% depending on the application.
Following are benefits and features of membrane type nitrogen generators and how they can improve efficiency in a variety of applications.
- An independent onsite supply of nitrogen, which means freedom from the industrial gas supplier and their long-term contracts and ever escalating nitrogen costs
- Fast Return on Investment (ROI); typical ROI can be expected within six to 18 months
- Fully automatic systems for on-demand operation; you only produce nitrogen as required
- Extremely reliable
- Easy, low cost maintenance
- Minimal space requirements
- Membrane type nitrogen generators can be housed in modified sea containers for system mobility or portability
- Eliminate wasteful venting of nitrogen gas that’s associated with bulk liquid nitrogen tanks
- Produces nitrogen purities from 95% to 99.5%; match nitrogen purities to the actual nitrogen purity requirement of your application
- Nitrogen flow capacities are available from 40 SCFH (1 m3/hr) to 200,000 SCFH+ (5,600 m3/hr+)
- Nitrogen discharge pressures to 300 psig (20 barg) without booster compressors
- High pressure systems to 20,000 psig (1,360 bar) available
- Features include touchscreen controllers with the following capabilities:
- oxygen analyzer
- air in pressure
- nitrogen discharge pressure
- low nitrogen purity alarm
- low nitrogen pressure alarm
- maintenance advisory
- optional purity control setting (up to three purities)
- optional remote monitoring, controlling and communications capability
- optional nitrogen flow monitoring
- optional off spec. gas vent
- Turnkey systems engineered, assembled, and installed to specification
Membrane Nitrogen Generator Applications
Some of the applications that are well-suited for onsite nitrogen generating systems include:
- beverage manufacturing
- chemical plants and refineries
- coffee packaging
- controlled atmosphere fruit storage
- enhanced oil field recovery
- food/map packaging
- fuel and chemical tank inerting
- gas assist injection molding
- heat treating
- laser cutting
- leak cutting
- pharmaceutical manufacturing
- power plants
- reflow ovens
- shipboard inerting
Membrane Nitrogen Generators by Advanced Gas Technologies
For an efficient and cost-effective way to supply your nitrogen requirements, look no further than Advanced Gas Technologies Inc. You can save valuable time and money by having 24/7 nitrogen gas produced inhouse.
Ready to install an onsite industrial gas generating system? We supply, install and maintain onsite nitrogen generating systems, standard industrial compressor systems and custom engineered systems throughout North America and the world. We help our clients lower their costs with big return on investments that come by generating nitrogen and oxygen on site.
For more information contact us toll-free at 1-(866) 725-7551 in North America or (905) 305-0094 local and overseas.